When you were young, were you one of those that ate peanut butter out of its jar? Don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone, even if it was just last week! Did you enjoy it so much that it was almost like a chocolate substitute and it tasted just as good? Well this clean eating version of a chocolate/peanut butter ball has made it’s mark! With added protein (should you prefer) it is perfect as a snack pre or post work out, giving you enough energy to sustain you throughout your work out whilst feeding those muscles with some protein goodness to help you build those bad boys!
This recipe is really versatile as you can see in our picture above, the more peanut butter you choose to add the lighter in colour, and the thicker the consistency! With the addition of the organic coconut on the outer surface, if you close your eyes, and imagine a hazelnut in the centre, it can very much come close to a Ferrero Rocher! Give it a go with the added nut if you dare and let us know how it turns out.
TOTAL FUN TIME: 15 Minutes
- 4 teaspoons of natural peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons of cacao powder
- 3 teaspoon of LSA mix
- 1 scoop of WPI (whey protein isolate)
- 2 teaspoons of agave syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 handful of desiccated coconut
- splash of non-diary milk (oat, soy or rice milk)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add a splash of the non-diary milk should it become too dry.
- Roll a small golf ball size mixture into a ball.
- Roll the ball into a bowl of the desiccated coconut and enjoy!
These are literally amaze-balls!!! If you don’t try any other recipe on our blog, be sure to give this one a go! You can’t go wrong 🙂
Happy Clean Eating!
Spreading love & happiness, Soph xox