Oats have been used for consumption purposes since the 1800’s and has numerous health benefits. Why not skip that oatmeal porridge for brekky and turn this lovely grain into a quick ‘go to’ brekky to compliment with your fav milk or tea? No one ever said brekky had to be boring! Oats not only have been known to lower cholesterol but reduce heart disease, so what are you waiting for?!
Total FUN Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups oats
- 1/2 cup wholewheat flour
- 2 teaspoon LSA mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup honey or agave syrup
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoon cacao butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer or handheld mixer, beat the eggs white, butter and vanilla until consistent, then add the honey and continue mixing.
- Sift the flour, LSA mix and baking powder over the egg mixture, then add the oats and cacao nibs, salt and combine well.
- Roll spoonfuls of the mixture into balls, then place on the baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown, cool on tray for 5 minutes then dig in!