YES! You read right! Dairy-free chocolate mousse! This recipe is so simple and mouth watering, you’d think that it’s actually bad for you! BUT it’s NOT. Everything is made from scratch right down to the chocolate. Click on the link in the recipe below to make the chocolate from scratch. The smoothness of the coconut cream and the light fluffy texture is just amazing. You will make this dessert time and time again as you impress your friends time and time again! 😉
TOTAL FUN TIME: 30 minutes + 3-4 hours refrigeration time
Makes: 6 servings
- clean eating chocolate (click here for recipe), I also used the maple syrup version
- 1 egg (separated) or egg alternative if vegan
- 1/3 cup of coconut cream
- Use chocolate mixture from the link and add the egg yolk and stir until well combined.
- Use an electric hand held beater to beat the coconut cream (works best if you put the cream in the fridge for a few hours prior, and just scoop the thick top part of the cream to use).
- Use a metal spoon to gently fold the cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Use the electric beater again (make sure that it’s clean!) and beat the egg white until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg white into the mixture and pour into muffin liners or soufflé cups.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight and enjoy!
PS. you can add any additional flavours to your liking (ie. strawberry, brandy, mint etc.) the choices are endless!
Happy Clean Eating! ♥
Let me know how you enjoy this recipe!
Spreading love & happiness, Soph xox