TOTAL FUN TIME: 25 minutes
Makes: 14 minis
- 1 cup of gluten-free buckwheat or all purpose flour (I used buckwheat)
- 1.5 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup healthy sugar such as Natvia or Stevia
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (oat, soy, almond, rice)
- 1 teaspoon of organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (fresh or frozen are both fine)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (use the zested lemon)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Combine and whisk the flour, half of the sugar, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and lemon zest in a mixing bowl.
3. Pour the milk, vanilla extract and add the berries to a blender and pulse sporadically to combine.
4. Mix the berry mixture into the flour bowl and stir well.
5. Carefully spoon the batter into a mini donut pan and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
6. Take the donuts out of the oven to cool.
7. Whisk the half of the sugar with the lemon juice and dip the donuts in the lemony glaze and enjoy!
Happy Clean Eating! ♥
Do you have any gluten free clean eating donut recipes to share?! Would love to try out different variations and flavours! 🙂
Spreading love & happiness, Soph xox