If you’re after a sweet way to lose weight with fruit that is high in fibre, figs are the way to go! Buy them whilst in season. This recipe is quick, simple, refreshing and most importantly satisfies those sweet cravings, yet keeps the weight off! Figs can be eaten on their own or in this case – a great accompaniment with organic cashew yoghurt!
TOTAL FUN TIME: 15 minutes
- 3 fresh figs cut into halves
- a handful of raw pistachio nuts
- a tablespoon of pure maple syrup or raw honey (if not vegan)
- a teaspoon of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- a dollop of orange lacuma cashew yoghurt (I love Botanical Cuisine’s version – bought from Wray’s Organic)
- Place the figs in a bowl and add the nuts.
- Sprinkle the spices and drizzle the syrup or honey on top.
- Place the cashew yoghurt on top and voila!
Has anyone else tried cashew yoghurt and what are your thoughts on them? I must admit this was the first time I have ever tried them, and it was like a match made in Heaven! Vegan and full of good fats! Bring on more cashew yoghurts to come! 😉
TIP – If you’re not vegan, honey is best consumed raw, as the heating process destroys the real goodness of honey.
Happy Clean Eating!
Spreading love & happiness, Soph xox