Who would have thought that brownies could be healthy?! This amazing recipe using sweet potatoes tastes just like the real deal! Make this recipe today and bring along to your next social gathering and your friends won’t even be able to tell the difference!
Pleasure on the lips doesn’t always go straight to the hips when it comes to clean eating! 😉
TOTAL FUN TIME: 40 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and grated (or 1 large sweet potato baked and peeled)
- 2 large eggs or equivalent (if vegan)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rice malt or pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of rice malt or pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 185 degrees celsius.
- Combine the sweet potato, eggs, vanilla, rice malt / maple syrup, and oil in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, cacao powder, coconut flour and stir.
- Pour both dry and wet mixtures together until well combined.
- Line a cake pan with baking paper.
- Spread the batter in the pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool before removing from the pan.
- To make the icing, combine all icing ingredients together and stir until well-mixed.
- Spread over cooled brownies before slicing and serve with coconut yoghurt!
Happy Clean Eating!
Spreading love & happiness, Soph xox