During the winter months, a warm apple pie satisfies our cravings for something warm, sweet and hearty. For something lighter, try making some apple muffins! This recipe is a gluten-free version without sacrificing taste!
TOTAL FUN TIME: 45 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup of rice malt syrup
- 1 cup of oat/rice/soy milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten (or egg alternative, if vegan)
- 2 small pink lady apples
- Drizzle of pure maple syrup, to serve (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced and grease 9 muffin pan holes or prepare 9 muffin liners.
- Combine the flour and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add the syrup, milk, oil and egg.
- Stir until just combined using a wooden spoon.
- Peel and grate 1 apple.
- Fold grated apple into muffin mixture and spoon mixture into holes of prepared pan or liners.
- Core and quarter remaining apple and slice thinly.
- Arrange 2 to 3 apple slices on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Serve drizzled with pure maple syrup (optional).
Happy Clean Eating!
Spreading love & happiness, Soph xox
2 thoughts on “Gluten-Free Apple Muffins”
Yum, these looks awesome!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! Have you tried making them? 🙂