What’s not to love about apple and carrot muffins?! This recipe makes for a slightly sweet moist texture that dances with your taste-buds! If you enjoy carrot cakes and apple pies, this recipe is perfect for you! Have them as an afternoon snack with your favourite cup of tea! Or why not treat yourself at the start of the day as part of your breakfast?! It’s nutritious and filling!
TOTAL FUN TIME: 30 Minutes
- 1 cup of gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of shredded apple
- 1/4 cup of Norbu or Natvia
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup of oil (olive, avocado or coconut) – coconut oil used in this recipe
- 1 teaspoon of organic vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup (or agave/honey)
- 2 free-range eggs
- 3 teaspoon of Norbu or Natvia
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the dry ingredients together (flour, almond meal, baking powder and soda, salt) in a bowl.
- Add the shredded carrot and apple and stir.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl and add the oil, vanilla and rice malt syrup.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners and fill them almost to the top.
- Place in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Once done, sprinkle with topping mixture.
PS. I sprinkled the topping with the batter prior to placing in the oven and the sugars burnt easily, so best to sprinkle afterwards! 🙂
Happy Clean Eating!
Spreading love & happiness, Soph xox