This recipe is a TREAT! Not to mention gluten-free! These bars are the perfect pre or post work out treat that’s low GI. Has enough sweetness to satisfy that sugar craving that you’ve been trying to avoid all day. Plus it’s filling enough to last you a good 1-2 hours of work out time!
TOTAL FUN TIME: 10 Minutes
(not including refrigeration time)
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats (optional to blend into flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (or any nut butter of choice)
- 1 cup protein powder (we like Professional Whey – NZ WPI)
- 1 cup of organic honey (or maple syrup – not flavoured)
- 1/3 cup of cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup of organic cranberries (optional)
- Splash of almond, rice or oat milk (if required)
- Mix together oat (flour), protein powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the peanut butter and honey (or maple syrup) stirring well to combine.
- Add a splash of milk if the mixture is thick and dry.
- Stir in raw cacao nibs and cranberries.
- Press the mixture into a 9×13 pan, lined with baking paper.
- Place in freezer for about 10 minutes then remove and cut into 20 bars.
Happy Clean Eating!
Spreading love & happiness, Soph xox