When I first tried a slice of carrot and zucchini cake at work, made by a wonderful colleague of mine, my tastebuds landed instantly in heaven! Having tried just a plain carrot cake before and thinking that it must be semi-healthy as it has carrots in it right? Now trying the same just with more vegetables in it couldn’t make it any better! After finding a simple recipe for this devine carrot and zucchini cake I decided to embark on this wonderful baking experience.
Due to my now health obsession, I have tweaked the ingredients to include all clean eating and nutritious ingredients. Even the icing/frosting is healthy, and mind you, mind-blowingly (if that’s a word) amazing! Let’s begin this wonderful baking journey!
TOTAL FUN TIME: 30 mins not including refrigeration time
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 3/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 4 free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon of organic vanilla essence
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 1 cup agave nectar or honey
- pinch Himalayan salt
- 5 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1.5 cups organic coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients then mix in the oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Mix in the zucchini and carrots.
- Pour into greased pan (15″ x 10″ is preferable).
- Place in the over for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool, then top with coconut frosting!
- Mix and stir all the ingredients in a consistent texture.
- Refrigerate for about 45 minutes then pour over the cake.
- Slice into preferred squares or rectangles and let your taste buds indulge!
Do you love everything coconut just as much as we do? Let us know what your favourite coconut product is, so we can experiment some more!
Happy Clean Eating!
Spreading love & happiness, Soph xox
4 thoughts on “Carrot and Zucchini Cake with Coconut Frosting”
Thank you! It does taste great! 🙂
That looks good! Xx
Sent from my iPhone
Thank you! Let me know if you end up trying it out! x