Everyone loves Gingerbread Men! Well unless you absolutely dislike the taste of ginger, in which case you’re missing out. Although there are quite a fair amount of ingredients required, it really isn’t that time consuming to make. They are cute, fun and did we mention healthy?! Keep them in snack packs and take them to uni or work as a healthy ‘in between meals’ snack to keep you going with all the natural energy that you can only get from healthy goodness!
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1 cup of wholewheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup or honey
- 1 organic free range egg, whisked lightly
- 6 pitted organic dates
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Combine the almond meal, flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, dates and vanilla extract in a food processor to create a crumbly consistency.
- Add the egg, oil and agave syrup or honey to the mixture.
- Process again in the food processor until it becomes dough like.
- Roll mixture into a large ball.
- Place gingerbread ball in the centre of a baking paper sprinkled with some flour.
- Flatten out the mixture with a rolling pin to roughly half a centimetre.
- Using a gingerbread man cookie cutter (or other shapes of your choice) cut out the shapes from the rolled dough.
- Continue to knead the excess to cut out more men (or shapes).
- Place the baking tray with the gingerbread men in the oven for about 7-10 minutes and enjoy after 10 minutes of cooling!
- Low in sodium
Don’t wait till Christmas, make these Gingerbread Men now! 🙂
Happy Clean Eating!
Spreading love & happiness, Soph xox